Saturday, December 19, 2015

Bulls loss last night could have been prevented

I'm sorry that I have not had much time to devote to the Bulls blog lately.  But last night's game got me so upset that I have to post.  4 overtimes and we kept the starters in for almost all 20 minutes of them.  What is the use of having a deep bench if you're not going to use them?  Are they just there in case of injury or foul trouble?  It's not just Fred, most NBA coaches do this and I think it's a mistake.  They think, we nee dour best players on the floor in order to win.  But when your best players are out of gas, your second-best players can perform better.  We start the second and 4th quarters with the bench, we should also start the 2nd overtime with them.  If they are not getting it done, put the starters back in after 2-3 minutes.  They will at least have gotten a little rest.  But I believe that our second unit could've wiped the floor with Detroit's starters in that 2nd, 3rd, and 4th overtime.  C'mon Fred.  Keep rotating in the overtimes and we'll do better.

Also, it's nice to see Derrick returning to his old form.

No comments:

Post a Comment